Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Deli Stoopids


After working at the Sundance Deli for almost 6 months, I have run into some special costumers. Me and my fellow employees have had some good times joking about all the funny things that people say to us. We decided to start a book about them a few months ago. The notebook is titled, "Deli Stoopids". I wrote down a few of them to share with all of you. Bless their hearts.

("C" stands for costumer, "D" stands for deli)


1. C: How big is your 12oz cup of soup?

2. Phone call:
D: Sundance Deli, this is Kylie.
C: Yeah hi, is this the General Store?
D: No. This is the Deli.

3. D: Hi, how are you today?
C: DO YOU HAVE BATTERIES?!?!

4. Little Girl: For my birthday, I'm going to the Tree Room (5 star restaurant at Sundance) or the Malt Shoppe (hole in the wall hamburger place in Provo), I'm not sure which one.

5. C: Can I get a cappuccino? No Foam.
D: So just an espresso shot?
C: Uh, no. A cappuccino.

6. C: Does the BLT come with lettuce and tomatoes?

7. C walking past the suckers and says with an english accent: Oh! A gobstopper on a stick!

8. C: Do you have the time?
D: (points at the huge clock on the wall of the deli)
C: Oh, is that it?

9. C (Woman in her 50's): I'd like an ice cream.
D: Ok, what kind would you like?
C: A drumstick
D: Um...-
C: You know like an ice cream cone? I saw a kid with one.
D: We don't sell those, I'm sorry.
C: But I saw someone with one...

10. C: How much are the cookies?
D: About $2.50 after tax
C: What, do you weigh them?!?

11. C: Wow! Those look decadent! What's that fancy thing?
D: It's a cherry boat pastry.
C: What one, the cherry one?
D: ???????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I'm glad you guys wrote these down.

Meriel Frandsen said...

Uh-mazing.

My fav is the little kid's b-day dinner wish. I love the malt shoppe shakes!

Kim said...

You've inspired me to start blogging!. That was hilarious! Boy, do I have some lame Nordy custy stories. :)
Bart's Mom