I usually spend General Conference weekend at my parents house. My mom always makes a BOMB breakfast Sunday morning before it begins. Fluffy whole wheat pancakes (my grandma holt's recipe). They are delicious. I have yet to try and make them because I am scared they won't turn out as good and I will fail as a cook.
This Conference weekend I didn't go home because too much was going on. I decided to make breakfast for Todd and I for Sunday. I was trying to think of something yummy and something different that I have never made for Todd before (I love making Todd food because a. it's the one thing I do better than him and b. I like to remind him how great of a wife I am going to be).
Then, it came to me. Monkey Bread. I have been making it since High School and I honestly don't think any other breakfast beats it. It is ALL butter and sugar, so you heathly people out there probably would not approve of this recipe. But I LOVE it. And so does Todd. And his roommates...haha. Everyone joined in.
Monkey Bread
- 3 packages of buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
-Cut buiscuits into fourths. Drop into cinn+sug mixture. Then drop into well buttered bundt pan.
-Put 1/2 cup remaining cinn+sug mixture, brown sugar, and butter into a small saucepan.
-Bring mixture to a boil. Immediately drizzle over the roll peices.
-Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until the dough is cooked all the way through.
{oooygooie goodness}
I love General Conference. I love hearing our wonderful Prophet speak council and comfort to us. Please learn more about what I believe here.
What I love most about Conference is the choir. It's my favorite part. I feel the spirit so strongly. Watch this video and listen to the words and I know you will too.
No comments:
Post a Comment